DS111 Foundations of Shading
With Diane Cardaci
This class is the second of two courses designed to give the student a strong basis in the fundamentals of drawing. In this class we will learn how to build tone, and shade the basic forms that are the building blocks for all forms.
- Learning About Values
- Building Tone and Blending Values
- Light Creates Volume
Making a value scale
Making a blended value scale?
- Lighting and Shading the Basic Geometric Forms
- Direct light vs. Indirect Light
Shading a cube??
Shading an sphere
Shading an egg
Shading Cast Shadows Across a Form
- Understanding Shading of Fluted Type Objects
Shading a gourd
- Understanding Shading of a Form with Secondary Smaller Forms
- Principals Of Shading Textured Objects: Textures Secondary to Form
Drawing textured objects
Drawing trees and bushes
Drawing the color wheel in black and white
Shading a striped form
Drawing 2 apples different color in the same lighting
- Pulling It All Together: Creating a still-life using the skills developed
- Understanding Drapery
Portfolio Development, part 1 - Outline of Still Life
- Continuation of Still Life Drawing
Initial Base Layers of Tone
- Completion of Still Life Drawing
Development and Refinement of Shading, Finishing the Drawing
None at this time. Check back soon!